Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: What will we sell'em next?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    "My point is just that we always view things in terms of RIGHT and WRONG....there are more options than just that.....everything is not black and white....we exist in shades of gray"

    If you exist in a shade of grey your entire life then you will straddle the fence on everything and end up doing nothing. A life of indecision will be your destiny. I would rather believe in SOMETHING than not believe in ANYTHING.



  2. #62
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    A belief is not right or wrong to each person who makes has that belief. I guess that person better hope he has the right belief or better yet, knows that he does. People can make right or wrong decisions as well as countries. Our only hope is that we make more right decisions than wrong. I agree with you on the point about we always view things in terms of RIGHT and WRong and that we have more options.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  3. #63
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    What other options do we have then? Lets see there is right or wrong...agree or disagree...ally or enemy. You can be neutral on everything but where is that going to get us? We are not Sweden. We are the worlds only superpower...we have to stand for something or we will fall for anything. I think thats a song isnt it? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    I guess it could be a song. I sure don't want to be wrong on this. I believe that I have researched it enough to know that I am right and truly believe that our nation can't be wrong on the Iran/Israel/ terrorist situation.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  5. #65
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    my existing in a shade of gray is what is RIGHT for me....I made a decision, to not believe blindly anything that I am told and think for myself.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  6. #66
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    A little common sense goes a long way!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

  7. #67
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    [ QUOTE ]
    You are confusing me a little neutral...going after the enemy and destroying them is what I've been saying we should do...I guess we agree on something and I feel thats what our government is trying to do. The reason the nation is divided is because you have alot of left wing folks who don't want to do that. I don't feel the enemy is winning...do I feel they are gaining some ground? Yeah maybe a little but they are far from "winning."

    [/ QUOTE ]A lot of the folks being seen as "left wing" simply have enough sense to know we cannot possibly police the ENTIRE world forever- we have spent enough in Iraq to have bought most countries. This is my biggest issue, NO PLANNING- somewhere you have to draw a line. The US is at a point that we are running short on manpower, and everyday the Iraqis show they really don't care for a "free" state. It was a WAR- clean it up and come home. We might need the troops here, since the borders are constantly being probed. I'm all for hunting Bin Lauden, but he seems to have a knack for eluding the troops in Iraq, probably 'cause he ain't in that counrty. We gave'em free elections and the wrong people won- now what do ya do? And I always thought it kind of funny, we want to aid Israel, but why do we never base troops there? Why do we not just defend the borders of the country and stop the song and dance? By the way Pakistan has already armed the Muslim world with nukes. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    I couldn't agree more about our borders. This is one disagreement that I do have with Bush. What to do about this I don't know but we sure need this problem solved. We may not be able to police the world but on 9/11 when the Islamic terrorists flew their hijacked airliners into the twin towers and the Pentagon, Americans discovered we were at war-a world war against fanatical Islamic terrorists who believe that killing Americans and Jews is the will of their God. In war, when one side understands that it is at war (Islamic terrorist), which side has the advantage? One question that must be answered is this: Are those who follow the teachings of this Islamic god, peaceful or violent?
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  9. #69
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I couldn't agree more about our borders. This is one disagreement that I do have with Bush. What to do about this I don't know but we sure need this problem solved. We may not be able to police the world but on 9/11 when the Islamic terrorists flew their hijacked airliners into the twin towers and the Pentagon, Americans discovered we were at war-a world war against fanatical Islamic terrorists who believe that killing Americans and Jews is the will of their God. In war, when one side understands that it is at war (Islamic terrorist), which side has the advantage? One question that must be answered is this: Are those who follow the teachings of this Islamic god, peaceful or violent?

    [/ QUOTE ] I've known some Muslims that offered their way if you wanted it and didn't mind if you didn't. These are not the problem, but in the extended stay in Iraq, I feel we are making great press for the radicals. In any war some innocent folks are going to get killed, play it up a little and you have a whole batch of suicide bombers. Like the wiretapping, if it is done by looking for specific patterns of calls to locations and times and people, what is there to hide? I was undecided about the war in Iraq to start, but with the wmd threat, it looked like an OK operation. Then it goooooes on and on, it is becoming plain to the world that we have got something we didn't want, a country to settle disputes for and our troops get the blame for whatever happens that is wrong. Then if you dig around you find we have folks sneaking in and out of the country, some not just poor workers looking to make a buck, but folks that could secure entry if they didn't have something to sneak into the country at some point. Personally, I think we could do a better job below the horizion and spend less lives and American cash that surely could be used at home, running the ports and security if nothing else. But what do I know, I'm a Dawg? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will we sell'em next?

    [ QUOTE ]
    And I always thought it kind of funny, we want to aid Israel, but why do we never base troops there?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    We really don't have to. Their military is extremely skilled, and other than the various suicide bomber, the Israilites keep the kybosh on most other threats. They have been pretty tolerant to allow the Palestines the opportunities that they have had. Its too bad Israel doesnt go ahead and run them out of there, but that would start WW3, or Armaggedon.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •